Published Date: December 30, 2020
2020 Annual Report
135 total views, 4 views today
| Published: December 30, 2020
2019 was a great year for Root Source, but (while it’s a little uncomfortable to say the same about 2020 because of Covid-19,) I have to report that 2020 was an even better, FANTASTIC year for us!
First of all, we hit most if not all of our goals that we set for ourselves as reported on https://root-source.com/current-events/root-source-annual-report-2019/.
Here is how we measured up in reality in 2020 compared to our plans:
- We successfully transformed from a for-profit corporation to a not-for-profit organization! See our IRS letter of determination here: https://tinyurl.com/y7ts6gyy
- We totally revamped our website to reflect our nonprofit status and mission, primarily removing payment for viewing teaching videos.
- While we deferred retaining a Christian Outreach Director until our website and teacher systems are set up, we did make significant progress in fundraising, hiring two consulting companies, DSG and LSF, and are working with Dr. Rivkah Adler, a professional adult education administrator (and Root Source teacher) to raise the number of our faculty members from 12 to 100 by December 2021 (more about these below).
- We participated in the Nations’ Ninth of Av virtual program.
We ran three online fundraising campaigns, blessing our Israeli Jewish teachers with over $10,000, as we envisioned (see below).
- We held one Root Source Live in Dallas in January 2020 with special guest teacher Rabbi Yehudah Glick (part one, part two), just before Covid-19 kicked in, prohibiting international travel. But instead, we held many online events with people from all over the world participating!
- We have numerous Root Source Press books in the pipeline, expecting to publish and release in early 2021, but we came in under the wire with Five Years with Orthodox Jews (official celebratory launch to be held in January 2021).
Besides the above, we:
- Created the Root Source promotional video.
- Launched our new website.
- Fielded questions from our Internet friends, for example these two blog posts.
- Did the Bless Teachers Zoomathon and raised close to $10,000.
- Did a young leaders’ virtual event for Mercury One (Glenn Beck’s NPO).
- Gave a lecture in Hebrew about Pro Israel Christians to about 100 Israelis (translating this into English is on my to-do list).
- Hosted the Root Source Chanukah Party for Christians.
- Presented a Root Source Virtual Seder.
- Taught about the Book of Ruth (my wife Devra).
- Held the Root Source Live Sukkot Special with special guests Rabbi Daniel and Susan Lapin.
- Held two episodes of Getting To Know You: Conversations with Thani from the UAE.
- Launched Bridgebuilders, the list of leading activists in Christian-Jewish Engagement.
- Held MANY (close to 500!) Zoom meetings with people from all over the world.
- Participated in the Israel Government Press Office Christian Media Summit.
- Participated in the ARISE networking summit and met with over 200 pro-Israel Christian and Jewish businessmen and women (ultimately having a networking meeting with dozens of them).
- Participated in the Nations’ 9th of Av project.
- Submitted a grant request to the Nathaniel Foundation and was awarded $40,000.
- Raised over $14,000 through Givebutter.com fundraising campaigns since July 2020 from over 150 friends of Root Source.
- Raised over $22,000 through our legacy subscribers from over 110 friends of Root Source.
- Participated in the Leadership Institute Fundraising School.
Worked (and continue to work) with 3-5 high-quality, low-cost Filipina virtual assistants.
- Created an active Advisory board of more than 15 close friends (want to join? Contact me!).
- Welcomed Gidon’s third grandson to the world, and celebrated #1‘s second birthday and #2‘s first birthday.
What are our plans for 2021?
With God’s help, we will:
- Conclude the migration of our old site’s lessons to our new site and make progress on other aspects.
- Work on upgrading the audio and visual aspects of our courses.
- Continue to publish and upgrade our newsletter.
- Start recruiting new teachers. We aspire to 100 teachers by December 2021.
- Work towards localization of Root Source for communities in Africa, China, India, and more.
- Hire a Christian Outreach marketing manager, towards expanding Root Source’s reach worldwide tenfold.
- Host next year’s Bridgebuilders program.
- Participate in the planning of the Nations’ Ninth of Av 2021.
- Launch Root Source Conversations podcast project, interviewing fascinating people from all over the world.
- Engage with like minded activists and organizations to launch joint educational ventures.
- Publish four new titles on Root Source Press.
- Build a robust donor list.
- Work more on foundations.
- Create gumroad widgets for our courses.
- Probably welcome another grandchild or two into the family:-).
- Accomplish other things I haven’t thought of yet;-).
Please be in touch with me or one of our staff or volunteer advisory board members to explore how you can help us achieve our vision and goals even better this year.
Shalom from Jerusalem,
Executive Director, Root Source
THANK YOU TO OUR 198 GENEROUS SUPPORTERS IN 2020!
(Please Note: our management software and bookkeeping systems didn’t work so well this year:-) If you think you should be listed in a certain category and you are not, please contact us and we will make it good!)
The Nathaniel Foundation
Terry and Belinda Raines
Ewe Lamb Supporter $500+
Chui Ling Catherine Lim
Gerry and Nancy Gardner
Turtle Doves Supporter $250+
Henk De Haan
Rev David Swaggerty
Rose J Bechard
Fine Flour Supporter $100+
Beverly A. Lydic
Celine J. Butler
Dik Van Der Pols
Exploits Ministry /Jerusalem Channel
Go Think, Llc
Grace & Truth Deliverance Church
Lynda M Sipes
Mcwright International Zion’s Treasures
Pamela H Tobola
Rafael Colon Jr
Satheeja Santhi Velayudhan
Stefani J Kroschel
Vincent T Jordan
Friend Under $100
Eva Vasquez Haglund
Financial Business Management
G S Weaver
Keylanni D Jane
Leo Van Der Wel
Lorraine C Evans
Loving My King Worship Stylings
Nancy K Smith
Robert D Parker
Robert M Isley
Ann A Schwausch