Chief Joseph RiverWind & Dr. Laralyn RiverWind
What is the main focus of your activities today?
-We are preparing people for hard times. We believe that hard times are coming for Jews & Christians. We have been saying this for about a year and we are beginning to see some of that already unfolding. We desire to see the two people groups work together to optimize survival.
– One of the ways we do this is by fighting anti-semitism through public speaking and social media platforms.
How long have you been doing that?
1-16 years (just in the last year focusing on survival/hard times but we have been working with Jewish-Christian relations for 16 years)
What are some of the successful related programs or projects that you have done this year and in past years?
This year we have been working with Jews and other Natives to supply Native Americans (on and off reservations) with personal protective equipment and food during the COVID-19 crisis.
How did you get to where you are today?
We got where we are today by loving Creator; loving others; and listening to wisdom from our elders.
What is your “testimony”?
Chief Joseph was raised in a mixed spiritual family that included traditional Native American ways, non-practicing Catholicism, and evangelical beliefs. Dr. Laralyn was reared in a Christian home and has been a Believer since her youth. Joseph embraced Yeshua at the age of 30. They have spent the past fifteen years embracing Torah and weeding out pagan practices from their religious beliefs.
After the death of Joseph’s father a few years ago, he inherited generational books, photos and other items that made it clear that the Spanish portions of Joseph’s family were, in fact, Sephardic. This was since confirmed through DNA and genealogy through the Director of the Institute for Sefardi and Anousim Studies in Netanya, Israel. Interestingly, the news of Joseph’s Jewish heritage came well after he had begun taking up Jewish prayers, festivals, studies, and socio-political causes.
Laralyn was reared from her youth to love and support Israel. There are whispers, rumors and DNA evidence of her ties to Israel through parents although she has always identified as “a Ruth” who binds herself to Israel through covenant with the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
After completing a pilot program in Israel in 2018, the RiverWinds were made “Ambassadors of G-d” at the Knesset by M.K. Yehuda Glick at the juncture of Jerusalem Day when President Trump moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem and the 70th re-birthday of Israel. Joseph is a Peace Chief and the Ambassador of his tribe, Descendants of Puerto Rico’s First Nations and Laralyn is the Ambassador of the Georgia Tribe of Eastern Cherokee… But their favorite titles are Servant of Adonai and Friend of Israel.
What do you think God is doing with regard to Jewish-Christian relations?
We believe that HaShem is doing the following:
– Calling Christians to repent for the sins of the past toward the Jewish people.
– Calling Christians to bless Israel/the Jewish people – not so that they themselves will be blessed but instead out of pure love for the Jewish people.
– Healing the heart of the Jewish people of the wounds of the past.
– Beginning to build relationship between Jews & Christians so that they can work together during these upcoming hard times.
– Building a new, unnamed category of people who are hard to define under traditional religious labels. People who love Creator and His Book; who read it, study it, live it.