2021 Annual Report
1,024 total views, 1 views today
| Published: December 23, 2021
Here is the list of the fourteen things we “prophesized” in December 2020 that we would achieve by December 2021, and how we measured up:
|Publish four new titles on Root Source Press||We ended up focusing very intently on publishing books this year! We published Five Years, the Dutch translation of 40 Days of Repentance, our first novel The Prize-Winning Story, and Lighting Up the Nations. We expect to publish at least four more titles in 2022!|
|Launch Root Source Conversations podcast project, interviewing fascinating people from all over the world||We recorded dozens of such conversations with Dr. Richard Booker and began uploading them and featuring them in our weekly newsletter.|
|Conclude the migration of our old site’s lessons to our new site and make progress on other aspects||Complete. We changed the model and all lessons are part of a course. We have over seventy courses on our website, and over a thousand lessons!|
|Work on upgrading the audio and visual aspects of our courses||We have begun upgrading some of our lesson videos, to include a branded introduction, visual features, and subtitles.|
|Continue to publish and upgrade our newsletter||We continue to publish our weekly newsletter, we hope to change the format next year to better reflect the onslaught of new lessons we envision.|
|Start recruiting new teachers. We aspire to have 100 teachers by December 2021||We recruited a very special teacher, Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz of blessed memory, and when we bring more students into our orbit, we will add many more teachers as well.|
|Participate in the planning of the Nations Ninth of Av 2021||We participated in this year’s Nations Ninth of Av as an online teacher.|
|Engage with like-minded activists and organizations to launch joint educational ventures||We continue to be active among Jerusalem and worldwide groups of activists bringing Christians and Jews together, in 2022 we hope to formalize these activities even more.|
|Build a robust donor list||Much of the work here is behind the scenes, laying the technical groundwork to be able to steward our donors efficiently and affectionately:-)|
|Work towards localization of Root Source for communities in Africa, China, India, and more||deferred to 2022|
|Hire a Christian Outreach marketing manager, towards expanding Root Source’s reach worldwide tenfold||deferred to 2022|
|Host next year’s Bridgebuilders program||Because of the Covid, we skipped over 2021. But 2022 is sure to be great!|
|Work more on foundations||While we have not found a Foundations Officer this year, we did receive word from the Carson-Myer Foundation that they will be granting us $10,000 in 2022.|
|Create Gumroad widgets for our courses||This is also dependent on a significant infusion of website visitors but will be launched quickly once that is achieved.|
Besides the above, we:
- Participated in the Nations’ 9th of Av project.
- Raised over $134,000 through Givebutter.com fundraising campaigns since January 2021 from over 400 friends of Root Source!! That’s a growth of three times as many donors and TEN TIMES the amount of gifts in dollars! THANK YOU ALL!!!
- Raised over $22,000 through our legacy subscribers from over 80 friends of Root Source.
- Worked with our active Advisory board of more than 15 close friends and expanded our Executive Board to include six members (want to join? Contact me!).
- Welcomed Gidon’s fourth grandson to the world, and celebrated #1‘s third birthday, #2‘s second birthday, and #3‘s first birthday!
- About halfway through 2021, Dr. J. David Pitcher and Gidon Ariel joined forces to create The Institute of Midrashic Studies of the New Testament. See ntmidrash.com to learn about this exciting development!
- We hosted a groundbreaking pre-Passover symposium, uploaded the video recordings of the lectures as a course on our website, and are working on publishing the proceedings as a book.
- We attached a “piggy bank” Bless This Teacher widget to each teacher’s lesson for students to show their appreciation with a financial gift. Some students have already taken advantage of this, please look for the Bless This Teacher widget and join them:-)
- We hosted numerous online events! Symposium, zoomathon.
- We have upgraded our online store, where as of this writing you can buy thirteen books and products.
- Published Five Years with Orthodox Jews in January 2021 to rave reviews.
- Our first book in a foreign language was published! The Dutch version of 40 Days of Repentance.
- Our first novel was published, The Prize-Winning Story.
- As of November 25, we published the Bridgebuilders book and early next year we will deliver them to the Bridgebuilders.
- Besides teaching and speaking online to Christians around the world, Root Source CEO has been making inroads with Jews in Israel, sharing his story and encouraging them to engage with Christians and teach them Root Source style. Two such lectures in Hebrew are in various stages of translation for viewing on our site.
- The groundbreaking book Lighting Up the Nations by our popular teacher Dr. Rivkah Lambert Adler brings together over a dozen Jewish scholars proving that Jews teaching Christians is not only permitted but commanded!
- A lot more but I don’t want to bore you:-)
What are our plans for 2022?
With God’s help, we will:
- Work on upgrading the audio and visual aspects of our courses.
- Continue to publish and upgrade our newsletter.
- Host quarterly Zoom events.
- Continue supporting the Institute of Midrashic Studies of the New Testament.
- Do “Jewish Outreach,” through live lectures and Zoom, to encourage Jewish teachers to join Root Source.
- Recruit more new teachers. We aspire to have 100 teachers by December 2022.
- Work towards localization of Root Source for communities in Africa, China, India, and more.
- Hire a Christian Outreach marketing manager, towards expanding Root Source’s reach worldwide tenfold.
- Hire a Development Officer, to focus on individual donors and foundations.
- Host next year’s Bridgebuilders program.
- Expand the Root Source Conversations podcast project, interviewing fascinating people from all over the world.
- Engage with like-minded activists and organizations to launch joint educational ventures.
- Publish four new titles on Root Source Press, including the LIST 2020 (and the LIST 2021!) and Ten From The Nations, which are already in the very last stages of production.
- create gumroad widgets for our courses.
- Probably welcome another grandchild or two into the family:-).
- Accomplish other things I haven’t thought of yet;-).
Please be in touch with me or one of our staff or volunteer advisory board members to explore how you can help us achieve our vision and goals even better this year.
To make a financial contribution to the root source, please use this link: https://givebutter.com/partnerRootSource or contact me at email@example.com.
Shalom from Jerusalem,
Executive Director, Root Source
THANK YOU TO OUR 212 GENEROUS SUPPORTERS IN 2021!
(Please Note: our management software and bookkeeping systems didn’t work so well this year:-) If you think you should be listed in a certain category and you are not, please contact us and we will make it good!)
The Nathaniel Foundation
Jane L Poole
Ewe Lamb Supporter $500+
Joan Swee Hoon Quah
Julanie C. Lee
Terry And Belinda Raines
Turtle Doves Supporter $250+
Hsien E Lin
Mary M Massad
Sister Georjean Allenbach
Fine Flour Supporter $100+
Brad H Yng Phd
Dik Van Der Pols
Fernando Carrillo Garcia
Grace & Truth Deliverance Church
Network For Good
Satheeja Santhi Velayudhan
Friend Under $100
Camille J.P.G. Ooijen
Darwin Jiles Jr
Mary Anne Pientka
Nancy C Thiessen
Sherwin Louis Tonty
Valur J Juliusson