2022 Annual Report
49 total views, 1 views today
| Published: November 21, 2022
Here is the list of the fifteen things we “prophesized” in December 2021 that we would achieve by December 2022, and how we measured up:
|Work on upgrading the audio and visual aspects of our courses.||This has been assigned lower priority due to the other projects we focused on|
|Continue to publish and upgrade our newsletter.||We continued to publish weekly, we might change to daily to raise our website views and clicks|
|Host quarterly Zoom events.||We ended up doing two Zoom events this year instead of four. Shavuot Symposium and Nations Ninth of Av/Bridgebuilders|
|Continue supporting the Institute of Midrashic Studies of the New Testament.||We successfully raised over $30,000 this year for this project and awarded about $20,000 in fellowship grants for over four articles submitted to journals, of which one will be published in 2023|
|Do “Jewish Outreach,” through live lectures and Zoom, to encourage Jewish teachers to join Root Source.||Waiting for more Christian Outreach|
|Recruit more new teachers. We aspire to have 100 teachers by December 2022.||Waiting for more Christian Outreach|
|Work towards localization of Root Source for communities in Africa, China, India, and more.||Published 40 Days in Korean and will work on other books and other materials, including in Chinese. Also met with Armando Rusty from Panama so plan to move forward in Spanish and Portuguese|
|Hire a Christian Outreach marketing manager, towards expanding Root Source’s reach worldwide tenfold.||Through Light Up The Church, we retained Avery Ratz, an internet marketer. We succeeded in adding over 2000 subscribers to our Root Source newsletter. We will see how this develops.|
|Hire a Development Officer, to focus on individual donors and foundations.||We started working with Arnie Draiman, a seasoned Israeli-American philanthropy consultant. We will see how this develops|
|Host next year’s Bridgebuilders program. (this year! Maybe in August! together with 9th of Av)||Done! Quite successfully, with Nations Ninth of Av.|
|Expand the Root Source Conversations podcast project, interviewing fascinating people from all over the world.||going slow on this, but letting God lead:-) We were interviewed on the Radical Lifestyle podcast, we hopefully will learn from them and get into their model.|
|Engage with like-minded activists and organizations to launch joint educational ventures.||Nations 9th of Av – Root Source Gala was one, hopefully, Light Up The Church will bring many other partners|
|Publish four new titles on Root Source Press, including the LIST 2020 (and the LIST 2021!) and Ten From The Nations, which are already in the very last stages of production.||We published five (!) books: Bridgebuilders, Master of Return, Passover Symposium, 40 Days in Korean, and The LIST 2020. (abbreviated titles) Rivkah Adler, the author of Ten From The Nations, decided not to publish the second edition with us.|
|create gumroad widgets for our courses.||Waiting for more Christian Outreach|
|Probably welcome another grandchild or two into the family:-).||Welcome Three! Roni Leah (April), Dvir Pinchas (November), and TBD (November)|
|Accomplish other things I haven’t thought of yet;-).|
Besides the above, we:
- Participated in the Nations’ 9th of Av project.
- Raised over $134,000 through Givebutter.com fundraising campaigns since January 2021 from over 400 friends of Root Source!! That’s a growth of three times as many donors and TEN TIMES the amount of gifts in dollars! THANK YOU ALL!!!
- Raised over $22,000 through our legacy subscribers from over 80 friends of Root Source.
- Worked with our active Advisory board of more than 15 close friends and expanded our Executive Board to include six members (want to join? Contact me!).
- Welcomed Gidon’s fourth grandson to the world, and celebrated #1‘s third birthday, #2‘s second birthday, and #3‘s first birthday!
- About halfway through 2021, Dr. J. David Pitcher and Gidon Ariel joined forces to create The Institute of Midrashic Studies of the New Testament. See ntmidrash.com to learn about this exciting development!
- We hosted a groundbreaking pre-Passover symposium, uploaded the video recordings of the lectures as a course on our website, and are working on publishing the proceedings as a book.
- We attached a “piggy bank” Bless This Teacher widget to each teacher’s lesson for students to show their appreciation with a financial gift. Some students have already taken advantage of this, please look for the Bless This Teacher widget and join them:-)
- We hosted numerous online events! Symposium, zoomathon.
- We have upgraded our online store, where as of this writing you can buy thirteen books and products.
- Published Five Years with Orthodox Jews in January 2021 to rave reviews.
- Our first book in a foreign language was published! The Dutch version of 40 Days of Repentance.
- Our first novel was published, The Prize-Winning Story.
- As of November 25, we published the Bridgebuilders book and early next year we will deliver them to the Bridgebuilders.
- Besides teaching and speaking online to Christians around the world, Root Source CEO has been making inroads with Jews in Israel, sharing his story and encouraging them to engage with Christians and teach them Root Source style. Two such lectures in Hebrew are in various stages of translation for viewing on our site.
- The groundbreaking book Lighting Up the Nations by our popular teacher Dr. Rivkah Lambert Adler brings together over a dozen Jewish scholars proving that Jews teaching Christians is not only permitted but commanded!
- A lot more but I don’t want to bore you:-)
What are our plans for 2022?
With God’s help, we will:
- Work on upgrading the audio and visual aspects of our courses.
- Continue to publish and upgrade our newsletter.
- Host quarterly Zoom events.
- Continue supporting the Institute of Midrashic Studies of the New Testament.
- Do “Jewish Outreach,” through live lectures and Zoom, to encourage Jewish teachers to join Root Source.
- Recruit more new teachers. We aspire to have 100 teachers by December 2022.
- Work towards localization of Root Source for communities in Africa, China, India, and more.
- Hire a Christian Outreach marketing manager, towards expanding Root Source’s reach worldwide tenfold.
- Hire a Development Officer, to focus on individual donors and foundations.
- Host next year’s Bridgebuilders program.
- Expand the Root Source Conversations podcast project, interviewing fascinating people from all over the world.
- Engage with like-minded activists and organizations to launch joint educational ventures.
- Publish four new titles on Root Source Press, including the LIST 2020 (and the LIST 2021!) and Ten From The Nations, which are already in the very last stages of production.
- create gumroad widgets for our courses.
- Probably welcome another grandchild or two into the family:-).
- Accomplish other things I haven’t thought of yet;-).
Please be in touch with me or one of our staff or volunteer advisory board members to explore how you can help us achieve our vision and goals even better this year.
Shalom from Jerusalem,
Executive Director, Root Source
THANK YOU TO OUR 212 GENEROUS SUPPORTERS IN 2021!
(Please Note: our management software and bookkeeping systems didn’t work so well this year:-) If you think you should be listed in a certain category and you are not, please contact us and we will make it good!)
The Nathaniel Foundation
Jane L Poole
Ewe Lamb Supporter $500+
Joan Swee Hoon Quah
Julanie C. Lee
Terry And Belinda Raines
Turtle Doves Supporter $250+
Hsien E Lin
Mary M Massad
Sister Georjean Allenbach
Fine Flour Supporter $100+
Brad H Yng Phd
Dik Van Der Pols
Fernando Carrillo Garcia
Grace & Truth Deliverance Church
Network For Good
Satheeja Santhi Velayudhan
Friend Under $100
Camille J.P.G. Ooijen
Darwin Jiles Jr
Mary Anne Pientka
Nancy C Thiessen
Sherwin Louis Tonty
Valur J Juliusson